Tuesday 7 October 2014

review and swatches: essence longlast lipstick 13- love me

  
It's been a while, hasn't it? Sorry about that. It's been a hectic couple of weeks. Student finance, Eid celebrations, illness. But no matter what life throws at me, you can count on it that my lipstick love will never go neglected. Or indeed, that my lipstick loves will never neglect me. I'm gonna share a cheap and rather lovely lippy that has been a trusty friend to me in my late hours of need. And it's a budget friendly one! 

    Remember Essence? Their old lipstick formulas were really crap. But, thankfully, they've been revised and repackaged and the new kids are a vast improvement. Retailing at a mere £2.30 (I got mine from Wilkinson's), they're one of the cheapest brands out there, excepting poundshop offerings, which can be a little... meh...


    I got the shade 'love me', because I was feeling quite unloved at the time. Pass around the box of tissues. It's a lovely warm toned coral pink that translates into a cooler tone on my lips, which I don't mind as it's still flattering. 

 I found the coverage to be medium, with a little scope for buildability (I don't care if that's not a word). Application is a dream: it glides on with no drag at all and doesn't ever look patchy or streaky, and all the while remains comfortable with plenty of slip. As far as longevity is concerned, I think calling these lippes 'longlast' is a bit of stretch. I found wear to be pretty average, which is all you can ask for for the price. Oh, it does have a slight chemical scent but it dissipates in no time. 

Essence longlast lipstick - 13 love me 

   Overall, I'm glad I bought this lipstick, and though it's far from luxe, I think it's great value for the price. It gives you a fuss free wash of colour when you're in no mood for fuss. 

What do you think? Will you be checking these out? 

No comments:

Post a Comment