Thursday 29 January 2015

sleek matte me lip cream- review and swatches


   Second post of the night, 'cause I'm on fire! I know I probably shouldn't gush so much for two posts in a row- it just makes me look like an indiscriminate gusher- but this lip cream is so worth gushing about. It's the Sleek Matte me ultra smooth matte lip cream. I don't know why it took me so long to get my hands on it really. I think I was just trying to be a good girl, with that whole 'yes baby, I know it's pretty, but you don't need any more lipsticks do you?' routine. Thankfully, I told that voice where to go and got my maniacal beauty-addict little hands on a rather fabulous product.


It is pretty, isn't it? Funky looking and modern and sassy. I got the shade 'brink pink', and boy is it bright! It's like it's tipped over the brink of a bright shade into an all out neonfest. And I love it! It's so happy and bold and summery, and every time I look in the mirror wearing it, I'm like 'whoa! Look at my lips! So sassy', and do a pouty sassy pose.

   And it's not just the colour that stands out, the formula is pretty cracking too. Fully opaque with smooth, streak-free application and a transfer-proof, second skin finish that lasts hours and hours. In fact, it barely even budged through meals, and survived me stamping big kisses all over my baby cousin's cheeks. This sort of longevity usually comes at a price though- that of a drying effect. I personally didn't notice my lips being particularly parched or uncomfortable, but my lips aren't hugely prone to chapping. If yours are, a bit of balm underneath is the way to go, and it won't interfere with the finish or wear time, providing you don't slather on goopy layers of it, naturally.

sleek matte me lip cream- brink pink

 The Sleek Matte Me lip cream are available in superdrug stores and on the brand site, priced at £4.99, and I think they are brilliant value for money. Heartily recommended. x



No comments:

Post a Comment