Tuesday 25 August 2015

Essence moisturising lipstick- review and swatches.


Another Essence lippy? Well, why not. They're sweet and cheap so I don't feel guilty picking up a new shade every now and then. I've previously reviewed a lipstick from their nude collection (here) as well as one from their long last range (here), but this is my first time trying one from their standard moisturising line. It weighs in at a mere £2.00 (or is it £2.30?) and looks good enough for the price. So what did I think?

essence lipstick- all about cupcake

Well.... I wasn't blown away like OMG THIS IS THE BEST LIPSTICK I'VE EVER TRIED, but then I wasn't expecting anything particularly exciting. What I wanted was an easy to wear moisturising lipstick that would give me a wash of colour throughout the day. Something I could throw in my bag and apply in a hurry. And that was exactly what I got. So I'm pleased.

I got the shade 'all about cupcake' which is a sheer neutral pink. It offers a tint of colour, sort of like a tinted lip balm, but it's not so sheer as to be useless. It's pleasantly hydrating without being greasy or sticky, so that's a plus. It doesn't last long, but then that's hardly surprising (and it doesn't claim to). Anyway, it's hardly high maintenance to reapply. Have a swatch:

essence lipstick- all about cupcake

Bear in mind that my lips are quite pigmented, so the colour will show up more if you have paler lips. Personally, I'm happy to have it in my stash. If you prefer something with more bang for your buck though, the longlast lipsticks might be more up your alley. They're at a similar price point, but offer more coverage.

Thanks for dropping by, and feel free to ask if you have any questions xx

No comments:

Post a Comment