Monday 3 August 2015

shiseido lacquer rouge- review and swatches


I've only ever heard good things of the high end Asian brand Shiseido, so I guess it was only a matter of time till I got my mitts on one of their products. And it was obviously going to be a lip product. Aaaaaaand the result of my whims is today's post, on the Lacquer Rouge in the shade PK226, Ophelia. It usually retails at a rather steep £23.50, but I got mine for half the price from Ebay.



The packaging is sleek and expensive-looking, and comes with a doefoot applicator stiff enough for easy application. I really loved the colour at first sight. It's a cool toned muted dusty rose, if that makes sense. It's on the sheer side, but not so sheer as to be pointless. That said, pigmentation does vary between shades, and I think some of the braver shades are pretty much opaque.


Honestly, I wasn't overly impressed with the texture of this lacquer. It's a little too slick and tacky.....not unbearably sticky, but definitely not as smooth and lightweight as I'd hoped. The plus here though is that it lasted really well- I had a meal and a cup of tea and was left with a decent amount of colour and shine, and my lips weren't dried into prunes.

Fancy swatches? Here ya go.


shiseido lacquer rouge- ophelia

So it's a mixed bag really. I think it can be summed up as follows: 'I am glad to have it in my collection, but would not repurchase, and wouldn't recommend buying at full price'. Oh, and just a note- some of the brighter and bolder shades are known for bleeding uncontrollably, so stick to the nudes and naturals guys.

Hope that was helpful. Hit me up if you have any questions x

No comments:

Post a Comment