Saturday 19 September 2015

fyrinnae lipstick- review and swatches

 
My morning was fabulous because I got my Fyrinnae order in the mail! I love Fyrinnae, especially their lip lustres (reviewed here), though their shadows and illuminating powders (reviewed here) are great too. So I had to put in an order when I saw they'd released new products. I ordered one of their new liquid matte lipsticks, a blush sample, one of their new lipsticks, and got an eyeshadow sample as a freebie. I'll cover the other products in the next post, but today I'm focusing on the solid lipstick. Let's get to it then. 
 

fyrinnae lipstick-indulgence
I picked up the shade 'indulgence', which is described as 'deep purple topped with a shimmering gold highlight'. I love it! The gold iridescence makes this shade dynamic and unique, and I love the way it catches the light, particularly in the centre of the lips, to create an illusion of fullness. The purple base is very punky- just how I like it. And perfect for autumn!

Now, the site states that being vegan, the formula is going to be 'very firm'. It certainly is- it has a stiff, waxy texture- but it doesn't apply too bad. It definitely doesn't glide on, but there's no uncomfortable drag. On the plus side, the texture makes it pretty longlasting- it's not gonna slip right off or transfer ridiculously. I found it to have medium but buildable coverage. Because it's such a dark shade, one pass of the bullet will likely leave you with patchy, murky looking colour. With a few more swipes though, I was more than happy with the overall look. I can't stop staring at the tube! it's such a unique shade.
fyrinnae lipstick- indulgence

Fyrinnae's lipsticks are a very reasonable $10 and are available in unconventional and 'normal' shades. And for me, they're a win. Go check em out!

No comments:

Post a Comment