Thursday 17 September 2015

lonely planet co silky matte liquid lipstick- review and swatches

 
I'm all about supporting women bosses and small businesses, so when a woman-owned small business knocks it out of the park with a great product, you can bet I'll have my happy pants on. Lonely Planet Co is an indie cosmetics company on Etsy, and they have loads of gorgeous liquid to matte lipsticks which I obviously just HAD to try. In the UK, they cost £9.93 with £4.56 for shipping. For a handmade small batch high quality product, that's more than reasonable. I picked up the shade 'brick city'. 
 
lonely planet co matte lipstick- brick city
Isn't that just a gorgeous colour? I love rusty brick shades! And it's practically autumn in a tube, so I know I'll be getting a lot of wear out of it for the next few months.

The packaging is fairly simple with a standard doefoot applicator, though it does have a cool lonely planet logo on the gold lid. But with this one, the beauty really is on the inside. What a formula! I can see why it's got 'silky' in the name- its mousse like texture glides on all velvety and soft, and dries down to an opaque finish without any crumbling or flaking. And it's quite comfortable too.

It differs from other liquid matte lippies though in the removal stakes- this one doesn't require oil or makeup remover. I good rub with a tissue will get it off easily enough. That said, it's still got impressive lasting power and barely any transfer.

So in a nutshell: I love it. Go give it a shot!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment