Thursday 1 October 2015

2true wow! gloss stick- review and swatches

Look yeah, I love me an orange lippy. It's one of my favourite shades. So when I saw this new wow stick by 2true in superdrug, at a mere £2.99, I had to snag the red-orange one, shade 5, called 'powerful pout'.


And it is bloody powerful. The intensity is a little bleached in my crappy phone swatches, but this stuff is OPAQUE. In fact, its pigmentation coupled with its very soft texture means you do have to be careful not to smush on too much. I definitely prefer to use a lip brush.

2true wow gloss stick- powerful pout

Because of how pigmented it is, the color lasts for a long time. It has a satin gloss finish though is easily blotted down to a matte, with hardly a dent of compromise on the colour. I would suggest using a clear lip liner with this, as it does have a tendency to bleed.

Another downer is that it's quite hard to sharpen. That softness being pesky again. But honestly, these are minor gripes. This much pigment in such a vibrant colour is hard to come by with budget brands, and I'm super glad I bought this. In fact, I think it's a great product dupe for the Urban Decay super saturated gloss pencil. I think I might review that soon. So watch this space xx

No comments:

Post a Comment