Sunday 4 October 2015

makeup monsters matte liquid lipstick review.

 
Anyone else think my liquid to matte lipstick addiction is getting out of hand? Me neither. The new girl in my collection is by Makeup Monsters Cosmetics, a small cruelty free indie makeup brand that runs on etsy, their own site, and soon to be launching on other sites. Good on 'em for their success! I bought mine from etsy for £10.77.
 
Ain't the packaging cute? I love when indie brands put their own personal touches to their products. Though there wasn't much point in posting this, as this is their old and now discontinued packaging. Their new one still has monsters on but the tube is more similar to the Jeffree Star ones. Anyway, this brand offers a MIND BLOWING selection of colours, from wearable neutrals to neon greens. I had such a hard time deciding on a colour, but eventually settled for 'nefarious'.

makeup monsters- nefarious

What a gorgeous purple! I really love it. I found the doefoot applicator to be stiff enough to get clean lines without the need for a lip brush. The formula is a wet but not runny consistency and my swatches show just one coat. So long as you spread well (and the generous drying time and easy layering makes that no issue) you'll be rewarded with an opaque, truly matte finish. Wear time is great with no smudging at all, though oil is the nemesis.

A great bonus was that is felt lightweight and wasn't overly drying like some liquid mattes are. I had in on for four hours and at the end of that time, my lips didn't look like shrivelled prunes. High fives all round!
makeup monsters matte liquid lipstick- nefarious

Overall, I'm very pleased with this brand and would recommend trying out a shade, though I wish you luck with picking just one out of all those gorgeous colours! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment