Tuesday 17 November 2015

beautybarbaby matte attack liquid lipstick review and swatches


Beauty Bar Baby is an indie cosmetics brand on etsy, and you know I'm all about supporting small businesses. Especially when they sell liquid to matte lipsticks that seem to be a hit in the beauty world. So I picked up the shade 'living legend' (mostly because I love the name) for £9.41 and now it's arrived and I've worn it a couple of days, I've got a review for you babes. Let's get to it then.


So there she is. I quite like the sticker which gives it that handmade touch, and I like that the tube is a generous size. On opening, I came across the only flaw. The scraper thing is either inadequate or nonexistent, so it's hard to control how much product the doefoot applicator gets coated in.

Beauty bar baby matte attack liquid lipstick- living legend 
But once scraped up, it's plain sailing. The formula is a delight- it glides on completely opaque with no patches or streaks. It dries to a fully matte finish and while there's no moisture, it's lightweight and doesn't feel like cracking cement. And it's totally transfer proof, so top marks on the longevity front.

Beauty bar baby matte attack liquid lipstick- living legend 
Oh, and I ADORE the colour. It's a kind of darker nude with mauve tones that leans more pink or more brown depending on skin tone and lighting (I tried to show that in the swatches). I'd call it a 'nutmeg nude', me. I reckon it'll suit pretty much all skin tones too.

So to round up, it's a yes from me. Good job you Beauty Bar babes xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment