Sunday 1 November 2015

mua matte lipstick- review and swatches.

Long time no blog, huh? I've been mostly preoccupied with a lip art challenge on instagram (check out my posts @poutnshout) but I'm back to share my lipstick ramblings with you babes now. Today I'll be reviewing two lipsticks from MUA's matte range. I know they've been around for quite a while now, but I've recently fallen back in love with one of the shades, so figured it was high time I shared my thoughts with you. 
 

There they are. You may or may not remember my original post on the regular MUA lipsticks, in which I praised them highly, and mentioned the perks of the packaging. Yup, the bottom still twists off to reveal a handy bit of product for touch ups. And I actually think the white packaging looks great, and a little different from most drugstore lippies too.

So, I have the shades 'wild berry' and 'fawn fancy'. Wild berry is a sheer matte. have you ever heard of such a thing? A sheer matte! In fact, it the only sheer shade of the bunch, though it's still very pretty if you're about that 'just bitten' stain. Fawn fancy is a nutmeg nude (it looks slightly pink in the picture but it's not in real life) and it is just gorgeous. It's so warm and flattering, kind of midway between MAC Honeylove and Whirl. Love love love.

mua matte lipsticks- wild berry and fawn fancy
What really impressed me was the texture. It's so soft and makes my lips feel pillowy and plump, and it adheres really well so lasts ages and ages. Honestly, this is a winner of a matte formula, and far exceeds the matte offerings of higher end brands. For a mere ONE POUND, you get no bleeding, no streakiness, no settling in lines, no gluey-congealing. Just perfect.

mua matte lipstick- fawn fancy

And here's fawn fancy again because I love it so damn much. It's the perfect shade to just swipe on because I know it will make me look healthy and put together and not washed out, and will complement any makeup. Go swatch it in store for yourself! You won't regret it homie. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment