Saturday 21 January 2017

2016 empties.. and a confession.

If you haven't already guessed, I have a bit of a thing for lipstick. I hoard lippies like they're going out fashion- and they're doing the opposite, so there's more I end up hoarding. My collection numbers in the hundreds. It is obscene. To be fair, I don't really give a shit about anything else. Bags, shoes, hair products, other makeup, clothes, designer stuff, perfumes... meh. 

I managed to get through four lipsticks in 2016. Ground em right down to the stub (have you any idea how satisfying that is?). Considering I have literally hundreds of lipsticks, to use up FOUR is no small feat. 

They must have been pretty special to get that much usage, right? Wrong. Here they are: 


1) (top left) revlon colorstay moisture stain in 'London posh'- full review here.  
2) (top right) avon pro colour and gloss lip duo in 'berry luscious', now discontinued. 
3) (bottom left) a lipstick from this limited edition tiny boxy palette thing by No7 from boots. It had this colour in a slidey drawer and two lip glosses on the top compartment. No longer available. 
4) (bottom right) Estee lauder pure colour long lasting lipstick in 'tiger eye', reviewed here.  

None of these lipsticks are particularly mindblowing, they just happened to live in my bag or coat pocket and therefore got reached for on the regular. Lambs to the slaughter.  

And they were slaughtered often because I have this weird rule. Okay, so I have ocd. I've had it since childhood and it's manifested in different ways throughout the years, some more harmful than others. This particular thing is more silly than harmful though. I can't touch my bare lips against a cup. 

It started out as a 'ritual' with coffee. Put on lipstick, drink coffee. Then it extended to tea, hot chocolate... even fucking lemsip. And the lipstick thing went from habit to essential. If I'm out and I'm absolutely dying for a coffee, and there's one put in front of me, but I don't have a lipstick handy.... I just can't. I can't drink it. 

This has been a confession.  

No comments:

Post a Comment